The promotion and validation of non formal and informal learning in the fields of work integration of disadvantaged people and of multicultural mediation
Download the brochure
In english (PDF, 716 KB)
In french (PDF, 500 KB)
In italian (PDF, 683 KB)
In german (PDF, 692 KB)
In polish (PDF, 732 KB)
The Valid-Info project is implemented in the framework of the Leonardo da Vinci- Transfer of Innovation programme. It is funded with support from the European Commission. It started in October 2008 and lasts 24 months.
The acquisition of non formal and informal learning takes place through the continuing education (lifelong learning). It does not take place in the framework of classical education system and it evolves all lifelong. It results as well from professional experience. Non formal and informal competences play an integral role in our modern societies but they too often form part of the invisible part of education. It is particularly true concerning “social or ethical” competences and relational competences. Currently, they are often in the “shadow” of formal education and training processes, although they can have in the future a greater role to play in the relations within a company and in work relationships
Objectives of Valid-Info:
¬ The recognition of non formal and informal education in the programs of continuing training for adults with a particular focus on the professions of intercultural mediation and job/vocational counselling for people with disability ;
¬ The adaptation and the transfer of methodologies already tested out, especially in Germany with the ProfilPASS system (tool that helps identifying and mapping non formal and informal competences);
¬ The mapping of the professions of intercultural mediation and job/vocational counselling for people with disability by identifying the components that stem from non formal and informal training ;
¬ The focus on transversal competences that are important within the professions of intercultural mediation and job/vocational counselling for people with disability and that are mainly developed in non formal and informal contexts;
¬ The definition of tools for the identification and promotion of competences developed through non formal and informal training in the professions selected;
¬ Methodology for the utilization of the tools;
¬ Recommendations for the development of a competences’ validation system for the professions of intercultural mediation and job/vocational counseling for people with disability.
The project’s products:
¬ A tool of self-evaluation and promotion of non formal and informal learning in the professions of intercultural mediation;
¬ A tool of self-evaluation and promotion of non formal and informal learning in the professions of job/vocational counselling for people with disability;
¬ The final handbook “Guidelines, advices, instruments and paths for the mapping, identification, evaluation and valorisation of competences gained through non formal and informal learning” ;
¬ A website.
¬ Final users: intercultural mediators on the one hand, and on the other hand the people working for the professional integration of people with disabilities. The final users will be able to recognize and promote their competences acquired thanks to non formal and informal training ;
¬ Intermediate users: training centers, regions, enterprises.
The impact of Valid-Info:
¬ The short-term impact:
• The transfer of the project’s results to the potential users ;
• The modernization and the updating of the professions in the social field.
¬ The mid-term and long-term impact:
• The knowledge of good practices in Europe and the adoption of guidelines will lead to the homogenization of minimum competences and a rise of those competences thanks to the development of direct training courses, adapted and easy to access.
A European partnership:
• Pour la Solidarité (PLS), the project leader, is an expert in management of European projects. It works mainly on the following themes: social cohesion, social economy, citizenship and participative democracy, diversity management and CSR, and territorial sustainable development ;
• Formeville is a Belgian training structure for the professional development of urban stakeholders ;
• DIESIS is a European advice and evaluation structure close to the social economy environment.
• Inforcoop brings together education and training structures that are close to the Italian cooperative system ;
• Ada-und-Theodor Lessing- Volkshochschule Hannover (VHS) has created and implemented the ProfilPASS system. This partner brings important elements contributing to the success of an efficient transfer of innovation and avoids many stumbling blocks;
• Foundation for Social and Economic Initiatives (FISE) is a Polish foundation working in the field of labour market and social economy. FISE aims at supporting different social groups, especially those at risk of social exclusion. It also delivers different labour market and social economy related trainings.
The added value of the project:
• The possibility for the people working in the selected sectors and without any adapted certifications to promote their competences. They will then be able to access individualized and adapted training pathways in order to obtain the professional certification ;
• The possibility to transfer a quality model already tested out and practiced to other sectors ;
• The coherence of the project’s results with the European policies for continuing training and the possibility to transfer them to other countries, especially the new Member States.